Knitting is a wonderful hobby and with the right tools, you can produce works of art. It also can be very relax and all you need is some good yarn and good quality needles. Not having the right tools can make or break your project and getting it right is so important.
This article will look at the top 15 best knitting needles on the market for experts and newbies. Before buying any product, pros and cons need to be considered and this article will also address the benefits and drawbacks of each needle.
- Best Knitting Needles Reviews 2020
- Lykke Knitting Needles
- HiyaHiya SHARP Circular Knitting Needles
- Karbonz Double Pointed Needles
- Addi Click 750-7 Knitting Needles
- Susan Bates Knitting Needles
- 6. Knit Picks Sunstruck Wood Double Pointed Knitting Needle Set
- BetyBedy Knitting Needles Set
- Fairycece Bamboo Knitting Needles Set
- Clover Takumi Knitting Needles
- Knitter’s Pride Knitting Needles Set
- 11. CLOVER 3683 Knitting Needles
- Needlemaster Aluminum Knitting Needles Set
- Exquiss Knitting Needles Set
- ChiaoGoo 7500-C Knitting Needles Set
- Knitter’s Pride Knitting Needles Set
- Buying Guide
- Metal Vs Bamboo
- Our Top Pick
Best Knitting Needles Reviews 2020
Lykke Knitting Needles
First on the list is the Lykke Driftwood Interchangeable Gift Set and those familiar with knitting brands know this is a well-known name. Lykke means happiness in Norwegian and this company is famous for producing needles that are durable, flexible and beautiful.
This gift set is one of their outstanding products because of the points mentioned above. Anyone who is looking for the best set of interchangeable needles on the market should seriously consider this one.
It makes a wonderful present for anyone who is a knitting enthusiast like a friend, brother, sister or any other loved one. With that being said, the Lykke Driftwood Interchangeable Gift.
- Perfect gift for a loved one who is into knitting
- Very durable and flexible
- Get 12 different needle sizes
- Very pleasing on the eye
- Get a smooth finish every time thanks to the wooden needle tips
- Some people say that the cable connectors are a bit too long for them
|● 12 pairs of needle tips sizes|
● Two 60 cm cords
● 4 keys and 8 stoppers
● 2 connectors
● One 100cm cord
● Two 80 cm cords
HiyaHiya SHARP Circular Knitting Needles
A set of needles that needs to be on your radar when looking for the best knitting needles on the market is the HiyaHiya SHARP Steel Interchangeable Circular Needles. This brand is very popular and these are perfect for knitting socks.
When you buy this set, you will notice it comes with our miniature cables (4″/26″,32″/34″, 40/42″). You also get miniature sharp tips (2,00mm, 2.25mm, and 2.50mm in 5 inch) and needle grips.
Finally, you also get small sharp tips (2.75mm and 3.00mm in 4 inch) and a nice fabric case. This allows you to store the needles when you aren’t using them.
- Ideal for travel because you can put them in a case
- The swivel cable is very flexible
- You get connections that are smooth all the time
- Has a lifeline hole
- Made from stainless steel for durability
- Small size needle tip cables cannot be used with large ones
- May need to use waxed paper to prevent yarn from sticking
|● Has four miniature cables (4″/26″, 32″/34″, 40/42″)|
● Has miniature sharp tips (2,00mm, 2.25mm and 2.50mm in 5 inch)
● Small sharp tips (2.75mm and 3.00mm in 4 inch)
● Contains needle grips
Karbonz Double Pointed Needles
The Karbonz Double Pointed Needles let you switch between yarn and cobweb easily and if you are new to double-pointed needles, these are the best around. They are strong and lightweight at the same time.
While some needles like the ones made from stainless steel tend to slip from your hand, you will have no such problems with these. They are perfect for those who enjoy knitting clothes for dolls and size starts from 0.
If you are a novice, it is advised to use tip protectors when knitting so that the stitches don’t slide off the needles.
- They are lightweight and strong
- Can let you switch between yarn and cobweb
- Does not slip
- Perfect for delicate knitting
- Tip protectors are needed if you are a beginner
|● Has a class brass tip|
● Variety and comes in a wide range of sizes
● Strong and flexible
Weight: 18.1 grams
Addi Click 750-7 Knitting Needles
Addi is a very good brand and made a name for themselves because they sell good quality knitting products. The Addi Click 750-7 Lace Short Tips Interchangeable Knitting System is up there with some of the best products you can buy on the market.
Are you looking for something that has red cords and fine points, look no further than the Addi Click 750-7 Lace Short Tips Interchangeable Knitting System.
All this is thanks to the simple push in and twist connection it has. You can have longer cords by simply using the coupling. This lets you easily join two lengths for an amazing knitting experience.
- Comes with a case for easy storage
- Good for a variety of projects
- Amazing click and go system
- This set of needles is known to be slippery and care is needed when using them
- The Addi Click 750-7 Lace Short Tips Interchangeable Knitting System is considered expensive for those on a budget
|● Set includes 8 sizes of Addi Click White-Bronze short tips|
● Red SOS Cords for inserting lifelines during knitting
● 1 Click Connector
● 1 AddiGrip
● 1 Addi gold pin
Weight: 372 grams
Susan Bates Knitting Needles
Susan Bates Luxite Single Point Knitting Needles are some of the lightest you can buy coming at just 77.1 g. They can handle roving, cotton rope as well as chunky yarns you might have.
Anyone new to knitting might find these big needles uncomfortable especially if they want to learn new knitting methods. In the hands of someone experienced, using large yarn can get large projects done quicker.
If you have trouble gripping smaller needles, these are a wonderful choice because of their large size. However, caution is needed, especially if you suffer from any sort of arm or hand pain. Holding these needles can be tiring, especially if you are using heavy yarns.
- Works well with roving and large yarns
- Lightweight coming in at just 1 g
- Get projects with bulky yarns done quickly
- Will not work for anyone looking to learn advanced techniques
- Can weigh heavy on the hand if a large yarn is used
|● Colour coded making it easy to find each size|
● Made from durable plastic material
|Brand: SUSAN BATES|
Weight: 77.1 grams
6. Knit Picks Sunstruck Wood Double Pointed Knitting Needle Set
The Knit Picks Sunstruck Wood Double Pointed Knitting Needle Set is worth every single penny. It is one of the best products on this list because it is made by very skilled craftsmen who understand the art of knitting.
This set will not let you down because it offers stability as well as strength. The lighter wood finish is a very wonderful touch from the manufactures and anyone who loves wood should pick this up.
Anyone who loves knitting mittens and socks should prioritize this set when they are looking for good quality needles on the market. Sizes are clearly labeled on the package meaning you know exactly what you are getting when you buy.
- One of the most versatile needles on the market
- You can travel with them with ease
- Very comfortable on the hands
- You get a smooth finish plus they are light-colored
- The handles can break if not handled well since they are made from wood
|● Includes needle sizes 2.00mm, 2.25mm, 2.50mm, 2.75mm, 3.00mm, and 3.25mm|
● Set of 6 needles per size
|Brand: KNIT PICKS|
Weight: 90.7 grams
Material: Laminated birch
BetyBedy Knitting Needles Set
When buying needles, you have to look at the experience a company has to ensure you get amazing quality. BetyBedy 36PCS Bamboo Single Pointed Knitting Needles Set are good quality needles because they were designed by 80 designers.
Their goal was to provide the best single pointed knitting needles on the market and this product is their greatest creation. A smooth round body and good quality bamboo make this one of the best needles on this list
The BetyBedy 36PCS Bamboo Single Pointed Knitting Needles Set can be used to knit sweaters, socks, hats, scarves and more. If you have someone close to you who loves knitting, this isn’t a bad gift.
- A smooth body and made from high-quality bamboo
- Great gift for someone who loves knitting
- Made by experts
- Environmentally friendly
- Not used for large projects because these needles are short
|● Smooth and high quality|
● Environmental friendly
● Sizes from 2.0 mm to 10.0 mm.
● Perfect for handmade weave DIY tools, such as a sweater, hat, scarf, gloves, socks, shoes
Weight: 4 Ounces
Material: Sturdy bamboo
Fairycece Bamboo Knitting Needles Set
If you are interested in something smooth, sharp and lightweight, the Fairycece Bamboo Knitting Needles Set has got you covered. Since it is made from bamboo, durability is certain and it is perfect for students looking to improve their skills.
What is special about this set is it comes with a beautiful case. If you know someone who is a knitting enthusiast, this is a very good gift to get them because it’s travel-friendly.
- Very durable thanks to the high-quality bamboo they are made from
- Perfect for beginners as well as children
- Comes with a beautiful case
- Very affordable when compared to others on the market
- Some customers find the overall quality of this set very disappointing
- Sizes of the needles are not indicated
|● Lightweight and amazing starter pack|
● Sharp and smooth
● 9.7-inch knitting needles
● US Size – Bulk of 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 13 and 15
Weight: 5.6 Ounces
Material: Carbonized Bamboo
Clover Takumi Knitting Needles
Strength, smooth design and excellent feel, these are some of the things you will get from Clover Takumi Bamboo Single Point Needles. Beginners love these needles because the stitches are kept in place by the bamboo and the yarn moves easily on the needle.
Since this needle is made from bamboo, it is very durable and any knitter who wants to know what it feels like to knit with bamboo, this is an excellent choice. While these needles are lightweight, anyone with arm problems will find them tiresome when used with heavy yarn.
Overall Clover Takumi Bamboo Single Point Needles are wonderful for people who want to take their time with their projects.
- Super lightweight
- Made from resources that can be renewed
- Perfect for beginners
- Not designed for speed knitting
- Using heavy yarn can be tiresome on the hands
|● Perfect for knitting|
● Great functionality and design
● 10-inch needles
● Size 19/15 mm
Weight: 63.5 grams
Knitter’s Pride Knitting Needles Set
Made from what many regard it as laminated birch wood, the Knitter’s Pride Dreamz Deluxe Interchangeable Knitting Needles Set is quite amazing. This set alone will take your creativity to a whole other level and you will knit like a pro even if you are a novice.
The wood this set is made out of is very expensive and is stronger than ebony as well as rosewood. It complements your yarns very well and no matter the project you have, rest assured you will do it with relative ease thanks to this set
Anyone with a passion for knitting will adore this set because it is perfectly tapered and has perfect points.
- Perfect for a novice or beginners
- Very comfortable wooden needles
- Suitable for a variety of projects
- Made from strong good quality wood
- When using dark-colored yarn, it can make knitting tricky since the needle tips are also dark-colored
- Not very durable according to some customers
|● Get 9 tips from US size 4 – 11|
● 4 cords
● 1 carrying case
● End caps
● Cord keys
● Size markers
|Brand: KNITTERS PRIDE|
Weight: 54.4 grams
Material: Laminated birch wood
11. CLOVER 3683 Knitting Needles
Not many people out there have ever heard of TAKUMI bamboo and this is what the Clover 3683 Interchangeable Circular Knitting Needles Set is made out of. This bamboo is very durable, stable and known for its amazing quality.
Ordering this set gets you a wonderful leather case and 12 needle tip sizes which range from size three all the to fifteen. What you also get from this set is precision. You will always get amazing results when you use this knitting set for your projects.
If you are an experienced knitter or one that is very serious about the craft, this set should be high up on your list. It is strong, easy to you and you will have nothing but masterpieces on your hand for friends and family.
- Comes with a case that helps you keep hold of your needles
- You get easy stitching movement thanks to the thin cord
- They are not very durable
- Some customers think these needs are a bit rough in their hands
|● Get 12-Needle sizes (3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 10.5, 11, 13, 15)|
● 5-cord sizes (16, 24, 29, 36 and 48-inch ) 60 combinations
● Easy to store thanks to a customized case
Weight: 27.2 grams
Needlemaster Aluminum Knitting Needles Set
If you care for aluminum, you will love the Needlemaster 40 – Piece Interchangeable Aluminum Knitting Needles Set. While this set is not good for professionals, intermediate and beginners will find this ideal because it is flexible and great for creative circulars.
What’s great about this set is it comes with a carrying case made out of the finest leather that has a zipper. This helps you get them enclosed when not in use minimizing the chances of you losing them.
The Needlemaster 40 – Piece Interchangeable Aluminum Knitting Needles Set is perfect for anyone looking for something easy to use, interchangeable and flexible.
- Very good set if you are a novice
- Perfect for intermediate level knitter as well
- Easily identifiable thanks to numbered placements
- Comes with a carrying case
- Durable meaning you don’t have to worry about it falling apart
- Not perfect for knitters who have experience under their belt
- If you have any hand-related issues like arthritis, this is not the set for you
|● It comes with 40 pieces and includes needles sizes 2-15.|
● The set comes with a handy travel case for on-the-go crafting
Weight: 1.05 pounds
Exquiss Knitting Needles Set
If knitting is something you are very passionate about and want to be as creative as possible, this is a good set of needles to get. If you are looking to get out of your comfort zone and knit scarves, for example, this set will help.
Apart from knitting scarves, this set is good for sewing any torn clothes you might have, marking and thread cutting. Doing any of these projects is easy plus they are made from bamboo wood for added durability.
During the festive season, this set shines because it can help you get gifts ready for friends, family, and children.
- A wonderful transparent plastic tubing is found on each needle
- Luxurious and smooth
- Provides you with some of the best knitting experiences of any set on the market
- Some customers say these needles are not very durable
- Not ideal for anyone who is experienced
|● 18 pcs carbonized bamboo circular knitting needles with a colorful plastic tube|
● 36 pcs (18 pairs) single pointed bamboo knitting needles
● Weaving Tools Knitting Kits with a case.
Weight: 14.4 ounces
ChiaoGoo 7500-C Knitting Needles Set
Anyone relatively new to the art of knitting will most likely not know who Chiaogoo is. They are a well-known brand that specializes in knitting and their ChiaoGoo 7500-C Twist Red Lace Interchangeable set is extraordinary.
Made from very strong bamboo, these needles don’t disappoint at all and you don’t have to break the bank to buy them. They are reasonably priced and worth every penny when compared to other similar needles.
They come in sizes US 2 – US 15 and have an amazing natural brown color which makes them appear earthy.
- One of the most affordable knitting needles on the market
- Amazing quality that is unrivaled
- Comes with a durable case
- Very pointy and perfect for big and small projects
- An earthy brown color which is a lovely touch
- When you lose the additional item that helps tighten and loosens the needle, it can put a stop to your knitting until you get a new one
|● 1 Artsiga Crafts protect bag|
● Sizes US 2 – US 15
● 2 Cord keys
● 2 cable connects and 3 cable lengths (24 inches, 32 inches, and 40 inches)
|Brand: CHIAOGOO KNITTING NEEDLES|
Weight: 322 grams
Knitter’s Pride Knitting Needles Set
The Knitter’s Pride Karbonz Straight Needles are perfect for anyone who is just starting or a novice. These needles are very versatile and made from carbon fiber that is of the highest order.
Super flexible and lightweight, they should be high on the list of any novice who has a passion for knitting. They are also warm, gentle on the hand and if you purchase these on the market, you get 7 pairs of needles which are amazing.
- Good for anyone who is a novice or beginner
- Warm and gentle on the hands
- Perfect for small and big knitting projects
- Lightweight which is good for those with hand-related problems
- Some customers say that carbon body and tip are not smooth
- A few question marks over the quality
|● Toxic and acid|
● Perfect for crafts and art projects
● Easy to store and use
|Brand: KNITTERS PRIDE|
Weight: 99.8 grams
Material: Acrylic, metal
When you are on the hunt for knitting needles, you need to understand the project you are about to undertake. Buying the wrong needles will not produce the best results, however, your style, lengths, materials, and tips are some of the factors that would influence your decision.
- Know the length you want: This is the overall distance from the tip of the needle to the other end. Getting the length of your needles wrong means you will buy something too long, too short or too fragile for the job at hand.
- Know the material: Materials needs are made from include stainless steel, plastic, bamboo, fiber, aluminum, and even wood. Pick the material that suits the job as some materials are not durable enough for certain projects and might break.
- Keep price in mine: Knitting needles vary in price depending on the brand name, size, materials and so on. Always make sure that you buy needles that are winning your budget depending on your requirements. Avoid overspending.
- Type: There are several types of needles one can buy on the market. There are straight needles, circular needles, double-pointed and interchangeable.
Metal Vs Bamboo
It is widely known that experienced knitters out there like metal needles because of their slippery coating. They also make projects faster, smoother and are made from brass, aluminum or nickel. They are also durable and affordable which is a nice bonus.
Metal needles have pointy tips and able to handle fibrous yarn however, most people don’t like them due to their lack of flexibility. They can also weigh heavy on the hands which can be a problem for someone with arthritis, tendonitis or any hand-related problem.
Bamboo knitting needles are the opposite of metal needles because they are lighter, easy to use and perfect for children and beginners. While wooden needles are not to slow down the knitting process, Bamboo needles make you faster.
Double points, circulars, straights, metal, wood, acrylic? Knitting needles come in a variety of materials, shapes, and sizes. To find out more information click on the link below for a more detailed explanation.
Our Top Pick
While all the 15 knitting needles are excellent in their own right, the ChiaoGoo 7500-C Twist Red Lace Interchangeable set is the best of the bunch. The stainless steel red lace needles, as well as the wonderful cables you get when you buy this set, are just simply adorable.
It comes with an amazing black and white case that oozes class and luxury. With 29 inner pockets, there is no shortage of storage space. The attention to detail and quality of this set makes it a must-have for anyone who loves knitting.
ChiaoGoo is known to make top quality products and if you want to know their needles bring to the table, click the following link:
The market is dominated by interchangeable and circular needles because they allow people to explore their creativity and embrace many fabrics. With more and more people taking up knitting as a hobby, the future is bright.
Anyone who is just starting needs to purchase needles that are durable and lightweight? This top 15 best knitting needles list has some of the best products on the market and it doesn’t matter if you are an expert or a novice, you’ll find something that suits you.
In the future, more and more top quality knitting needles will be released, but as of 2019, these are the best of the bunch. You won’t regret buying any of them on the list especially the ChiaoGoo 7500-C Twist Red Lace Interchangeable set.